Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My VT Alternative

Since Voice Thread turned out to be more trouble for me than it's worth (at least for this particular assignment), I decided to have my students create a podcast (interview style) of their reflections. To record and edit, my students used Audacity software, which is INCREDIBLY user friendly! (Even for 7th-graders!) Tomorrow, we'll be uploading them to GCast for hosting, then posting them to their Online Journals.

The kids LOVED this part of the project. In fact, tomorrow is the 2nd to last day of school and they BEGGED me the other day to book the lab so they could make sure they were "up to code." It can't get much better than that!

I will certainly be using podcasts next year, and with my new high tech classroom it will be MUCH easier since I won't have to book lab time! I'm also planning a "Class Blog" and podcasts will be a regular feature on there, as well! (Gotta love all this "21st century stuff")

No comments:

Post a Comment